Monday, August 6, 2012

And so it goes

So I fell off the face of the earth for awhile! I'm back! I can't even believe how long it has been since I last posted because this blog is such an outlet for me even if no one reads it :) Many things have happened since my last post that's for sure!!! 

I'll start with Hudson. He continued to get better after his tubes and we had a wonderful Christmas! This last Christmas was so fun because of seeing the joy on his face this year as he opened his presents! The best was when my parents gave him his new Ford Rapture truck. He was in love and still is! 
The beginning of the year brought with it lots of preparation for weddings. My cousin Whitney married Mr. Tyler Ferguson in March and it was a fabulous wedding! The week before their wedding we got a big surprise and found out I AM PREGNANT!!! We absolutely couldn't wait and told my parents, brother and soon to be sister in law that night at dinner. I got my dad a cookie cake (it was a week before his birthday) and I wrote on it Happy Birthday Popi! Love Hudson & Baby #2. Now the funny part of this story is no one could read the writing. :) Bryan had to sit in the car with Hudson during the end of dinner and the cake sat in the floor with the heater on so it kinda melted :). Anyway after a few minutes and finally telling them what the last part said everyone started screaming and crying. We had planned on starting to try within the next few months, but obviously God had other plans. We are expecting our another precious boy Grayson Daniel right before Thanksgiving. 


Hudson turned 2 on April 2nd and we had a wonderful time with him, family and friends. After his birthday my brother got married on April 14th. Their wedding was on a ranch in Tahlequah and it was absolutely perfect! Rain was in the forecast and we even planned on having the wedding inside the barn where the reception would be. Of course God cleared every worry and it was absolutely beautiful all day! 
After the wedding we went with my parents to Disney World! What a magical trip! We had so much fun even though we all vowed we wouldn't be going back for many years. All those people can really get to you after a week! We got up each day and went to one of the parks. After lunch we would head back to the condo so Hudson could take a nice nap. After his naps we either went back to the parks, went swimming or just hung out! 
While we were there my parents sold their house in Oklahoma City. It was such a huge blessing for it to sell after being for sale for over a year. However it was a pretty emotional thing for me and my mom especially. This was my parents dream house and they figured they would live there forever. I had always dreamed that my kids would grow up in the same house I did and continue to have many wonderful memories there. This isn't what God had planned though. Once the house actually sold and everyone was moved up here for good things got alot easier and we have already made some wonderful memories at my parents new house. 

The next big event in our lives happened when we took Hudson back for his ENT check up on his tubes. We all expected it would be a quick easy visit because everything seemed to be going fine. However alittle background, Hudson still had yet to really start talking. We got a new pediatrician at his 2 year appointment and she suggested speech therapy which we were in the process of getting started. Anyway our ENT started asking me all kinds of questions, like how he sleeps, his eating habits, was he talking yet. I was totally confused as I answered them all. He told us Hudson needed to have his tonsils taken out because they were so large they were touching every time he swallowed. He believed this was a part of his bad eating habits, long afternoon naps and lack of speech. So we scheduled his tonsils to be removed the beginning of July. 

Him getting his tonsils out was the absolute worst thing I have ever been through in my life. I would have done absolutely anything to take the pain away from him and I couldn't. The surgery went flawlessly, it was the recovery that was miserable. He would not drink anything, which was a huge problem. The other huge problem was every time we tried to give him his pain medicine he threw up. We never knew how much he got if any. After a horrible first day and him being up half the night screaming I called the Childrens hospital and spoke to the most precious nurse. She told me that the pain medicine burns anyway, so when he would let it sit in his mouth it would only burn worse. Then he would end up gagging on it and throw up. Anyway the first 48 hours were absolutely terrible. I didn't sleep, he didn't sleep, we almost had to go to the ER for an IV of pain meds and fluids. I can't even begin to describe how awful and helpless I felt. Anyway after two weeks he was finally back to himself and it was such a relief. I will post again soon about all the speech issues and other things going on with him. 

Now all the drama seems to be over for now and we are trying to patiently wait on Mr. Grayson Daniel to arrive and survive this awful heat in the meantime! I plan on updating this much more often in the future. Now once I have a newborn and a toddler I can't guarantee anything :) With my newfound love for Pinterest I have found a newfound love for cooking! :) WE have been eating at home most evenings and I'm really enjoying trying all sorts of new recipes I find on Pinterest! In fact tonight we are having Crockpot Orange Chicken and Fried Rice. Maybe I will post those recipes tomorrow! Until next time friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment