Saturday, April 23, 2011

13 Months


Hudson,
13 months old. It still doesn't seem possible. Each and every day is a new adventure with you. You are definitely a full time job, but I wouldn't want any other job. You make each hard day better just by laughing. Even when I'm frustrated with you I can't get mad because you start laughing and I completely forget what you had been doing. I think you know that is a weakness of mine! I love you more than you will ever know...Life is so much better with you in it!

Here is what you have been up to...
*Still in the same size diapers and clothes.
*You have learned to stand up on your own without holding onto things. When you discovered this you were so proud of yourself!
*You love to dance anytime music comes on. If you had it your way you would walk around holding onto my cell phone all day with the ipod playing.
*You try to imitate anything I do, like brushing your hair, taking your temperature with the temporal thermometer, and trying to wash your hair.
*I took your shirt off one night and you headed straight for our bathtub and turned on the water and got my washcloth and put it on your head. Just another reminder you are getting so big.
*You are still drinking about 20oz of Gerber Good Start Protect Plus 2 for toddlers every day. Momma decided that the formula has a lot more vitamins that regular cows milk and it is whey protein which is so much better for you than cows milk. So even though it is more expensive I believe it is better for you and therefore completely worth it.
*You are eating three meals a day with a couple snacks in between.
*You are definitely testing your boundaries with Momma these days. Even though you know exactly what "don't touch" means, you like to push it. For instance yesterday you kept trying to touch Momma's computer cord and I kept telling you not to touch it so you stood with your little hand about two inches from it just looking at me smiling. You are just like your momma was when I was a baby...very stubborn and strong willed.
*You have know how to wave for a long time but are just starting to look at people and wave at them. If somebody waves back to you, you always start laughing.
*You are completely and utterly amused with other kids and what they are doing. If there is another kid around your attention span is gone completely. You try your best to talk to them and get their attention. You are quite the socializer and flirt for that matter.
*You have started waking up at least once in the night again. It is wearing Momma out. My only hope is supposedly it is completely normal due to everything you are learning and you are also starting to dream now.
*I know you were dreaming one day because I watched on the monitor as you let out your happy squeal and then started flopping around in your bed all with your eyes closed. A couple minutes later you were completely quiet and back asleep. I absolutely loved that I got to see it because it was adorable. I'm so thankful your dreams make you laugh! :)
*You have learned that there are certain ways your shapes go into the box and will sit and try to figure out which hole they go in until you get it right.
*Anytime I start the microwave you think I am making something for you and you get very frustrated if it isn't for you!
*You have gotten VERY good at walking and have recently started running as well.
*Every day (that it is nice outside) we go on a walk after dinner. I think it is one of your favorite parts of the day. It sure is mine! The entire time we are walking you are laughing or talking and pointing at everything you see saying dis...I think that is your word for this. And every time I tell you what dis is! :) Love these moments with you.
*You are getting all four of your one year molars. The bottom right and top left have both poked through and we are waiting on the other two. Because of how much your teeth are hurting you have been extremely fussy the last couple of weeks which is totally unlike you!!!
*Every morning and after every nap I sing a song I made up for you that goes "Goodmorning (afternoon) sunshine, did you sleep good??" The smile that appears on your face literally makes my heart smile every single time.
*You still love to read your books and like listening to me read to you more and more each day.
*You started to learn to jump. Each time you squat down and then bounce back up. Half the time you bounce up with so much enthusiasm you fall over. Whenever you start to jump we jump with you and usually it leads to you getting the hiccups you start laughing so hard!
*We have dance parties quite often and once again usually you get the hiccups from laughing so hard.
*You still say Momma, Dada, fishies, dog, this (dis), and you are trying to say truck, duck and knock knock.
*You love playing ball with Mowgli now. You throw it and he runs to get it then you walk over to him and bend down and pick it up and throw it again. So sweet. The other day you were playing with him and he had the ball so you walked over and sat down, took the ball and held it up to your head. Then you held it up to his head and started making your barking sound. (You try to imitate the dogs barking.)
*Momma will leave her bedroom window open just alittle bit for you and the dogs will stick their noses in and you squat down to talk to them and reach out your little hand so they can lick it. You laugh ever time they give you kisses.

I could go on and on sweet boy. I love you more than life.
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment