Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Kindergarten

    Here I sit at 11pm the night before the little boy who made me a mommy starts Kindergarten. How did we get here? It seems like he was just born a few days ago. All I have to do is close my eyes and I'm instantly sent back to that moment that forever changed my life. The moment they laid a 6lb 8oz little boy on my chest and I knew I would never be the same. It was like I finally knew why I was put on this earth. I was supposed to be this precious boys Momma. All the nights of rocking him to sleep have turned into listening to him tell me jokes and talk about who he's gonna marry some day! Not only am I going to miss him desperately every day, but God is teaching me that I am not in control. There are many things I struggle with on a daily basis but one is trusting Him that He is the one that is protecting my children, not me. I have always had trouble letting other people take care of my babies, because if they are with me I can protect them. Kindergarten is just another way God is helping me to let go a little more. Deep down I know that my babies are just on loan to me and that they are truly His. It's just hard. For the last week I can hardly look at Hudson without getting tears in my eyes. He will always be my baby and I can't even imagine not having him at home during the day. Our house definitely won't be the same during the days. But he is ready...so so ready and excited! He can't wait to have Luke & Lexi in his class again and his teacher seems absolutely precious!!! Don't expect this Momma to have any eye makeup left by tomorrow afternoon though!!

    Hudson,

I can't even believe tomorrow is already here! I know how excited you are and that helps put me at ease! This year my prayer for you is the Bible verse, Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go!" You are the strongest little boy I have ever known! You haven't always been dealt an easy hand, but you have always overcome all adversity with a smile on your face! Your daddy and I are so very proud of you and can not wait to see the way you are going to change the world for Christ. You are a world changer my sweet boy, don't you ever forget that or let anyone tell you otherwise!! Keep smiling my love, the world is so much better with you in it!

Love you to Pluto and back!!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment